Wife, Mama, Oregonian, coffee lover, chronic illness warrior, and entrepreneur.
When it comes to parenting, one of the very first tough decisions you have to make is what to name your coming bundle of joy. Not only do you want to select a name that is meaningful to you and your family, but you also want to choose a name that they will be proud of for their entire life. If you have a theme for your family's baby names, you will want to consider that as well. For example, perhaps your children all have names beginning with the letter "A," or names that all have five syllables between the first and middle names. If your family loves Disney, these names can help inspire you as you choose your new family member's moniker!
Disney Prince Names
While there is an official list of Disney princesses that only includes Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, and Moana, there is no such list of Disney princes. And there is no shortage of gentlemen to name your little prince after!
Well Known Disney Prince Names
|Name||Movie||U.S. Popularity Rank in 2020||Meaning|
"Snow White" (1937)
"Ruler of the home"
"Sleeping Beauty" (1959)
"Lover of horses"
"The Little Mermaid" (1989)
Adam (unofficial name of The Beast)
"Beauty and the Beast" (1991)
"Man of the earth"
"Servant of Allah"
"God is gracious"
"The Princess and the Frog" (2009)
"Descendant of the red-haired man"
More Little Boy Names from the Disneyverse
If none of those names seem just right for your son, here are some more names from the world of Disney. Some of these names belong to more obscure characters and some are variations of the names of Disney characters.
Names Starting with A-C
- Albus Latin for "White" this is the name of a supportive character from the 2019 series "Amphibia."
- Alfonzo is a name from Disney's Marvel universe. It can be alternately spelled "Alphonso."
- Andy is the classic Disney name from the Toy Story series. This timeless name is one your little boy can be proud of his whole life.
- Angus is the horse and companion of Merida. It's a strong name for a strong little boy.
- Apollo comes from the 1997 animated classic "Hercules."
- Arthur is the main character from "The Sword and the Stone." This timeless name works with many last names too!
- Augustus King Augustus is a minor character from "The Little Mermaid." Augustus means "majestic."
- Bagheera If you're looking for something a little more exotic, the name Bagheera is perfect!
- Bartholomew Even though Bartholomew is an antagonist ("The Great Mouse Detective") this name is sweet and unique.
- Ben is the son of Belle and the Beast. This is another name that works with so many middle and last names!
- Bernard Old fashioned names are back in style! Bernard is a character from "The Rescuers."
- Braddock is a character in "Amphibia." This name originates in Old English and means "broad spreading oak."
- Bradley is an antagonist from "A Very Goofy Movie," but this adorable name was in the top 400 most popular baby boy names in 2021!
- Bruno is a bloodhound from the classic Disney film "Cinderella."
- Buck is a character from the hilarious movie "Home On the Range." Buck is a strong, western sounding name.
- Chip is an adorable name that would suit an adventurous little boy. The character Chip was created in 1943 and is featured in several Disney classics.
- Clayton is an antagonist from Disney's 1999 animated film "Tarzan." However the name Clayton is a consistently popular boy's name in English speaking countries.
- Cody is a name from both "Rescuers Down Under" and "The Suit Life of Zack and Cody."
- Cyril is a horse from the 1949 short "The Wind in the Willows."
- Dale of Chip and Dale is a sweet unique baby name for an adventurous little boy.
- Danny is the name of the little black lamb from "So Dear To My Heart" as well as the Great Dane in "101 Dalmatians."
- David is another timeless name which means "beloved." David is a character in "Lilo and Stitch."
- Deacon is among the Swamp Folk from "The Rescuers."
- Demetrius is a character from "Hercules." This strong sounding name has Greek roots.
- Dennis is a name which makes an appearance in several Disney movies and shows including "House of Mouse."
- Dewey Of course no Disney name list would be complete without Dewey of the Donald Duck franchise.
- Dodger is the strong, athletic sounding name of Artful Dodger from Disney's take on the classic novel "Oliver Twist."
- Donald would be a strong, traditional name for any little Disney-loving boy!
- Drew means "strong and manly" and has been consistently popular in the last few years.
- Duncan is a minor character from "Wreck-It Ralph."
- Dylan is another consistently popular little boy name and also the name of one of the puppies from "101 Dalmatians."
- Earl, a sweet and mature name which means "warrior" or "nobleman" makes several appearances in various Disney shows.
- Edgar Balthazar is the antagonist from the movie "Aristocats."
- Edward is a name which has consistently been high on baby name lists and is the name of the prince from "Enchanted."
- Eli is a wealthy sugar baron in "The Princess and the Frog."
- Elliot is the name of the dragon in "Pete's Dragon," the 1977 classic.
- Fenton is a unique sounding name and is the name of one of the ducks in "DuckTales."
- Finnick is a supporting character from the film "Zootopia." This name is sure to make your son stand out.
- Flint is the name of a minor character from "Monsters Inc." but it would make a beautiful, outdoorsy sounding choice for any little boy.
- Frances from the 1988 movie "Oliver & Company" is the name of a bulldog.
- Frank is a green lizard in the classic movie "The Rescuers Down Under."
- Fred (short for Fredrick) is a classic name which means "Peaceful Ruler." Fred is a major character in "Big Hero 6."
Read More From Wehavekids
- George is the main protagonist from "George of the Jungle." This sweet, classic name is making a comeback.
- Gidion is the name of a cat, one of the antagonists from the popular Disney film "Pinocchio."
- Gus would be the perfect name for an adventurous baby boy. Gus is the nickname for Octavius, one of the mice from "Cinderella."
- Hugo is a strong sounding name which means "mind" or "spirit." Hugo is one of the gargoyles in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."
- Ian has been in the top 100 baby boy names in the U.S. every year since 1982. Ian is from the film "Onward."
- Jack Skellington is the main protagonist from Disney's "The Nightmare Before Christmas."
- Jake in the Disneyverse, is a brave pirate. This is a name your little boy can enjoy his whole life.
- Jeb is the pessimistic goat from "Home on the Range," but this name means "beloved friend."
- Jeremy is a minor character from the Chip and Dale universe and is currently the 289th most popular name in the U.S.
- Jerry the mouse is a classic Disney character, and a very sweet boy's name.
- John is the name of several Disney characters including John Smith ("Pocahontas"), John Darling ("Peter Pan") and Little John ("Robinhood.")
Perhaps you're looking for a more unusual and unique name for your precious baby boy. Here are some delightful little boy names that are a little less common:
Unique Disney Names
|Name||Movie||U.S. Popularity Rank in 2020||Meaning|
"The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (1996)
"Glory of Hera"
"The Adventures of Robinhood" (1938)
"The Good Dinosaur" (2015)
"Toy Story" (1995)
"Village in the woods"
"Wreck-It Ralph" (2012)
"From the nook"
"Rescuers Down Under" (1990)
"Title of nobility"
- Kirby is the name of the vacuum from the short "The Brave Little Toaster."
- Kristoff Bjorgman is one of the most popular Disney protagonists. ("Frozen")
- Ling from "Mulan" is a highly underrated Disney protagonist and a beautiful name.
- Louie of Huey, Louie and Dewey is a duck who's character was created back in 1937.
- Maurice is Belle's father from the 1991 Disney classic "Beauty and the Beast."
- Max would be a lovely name for any little boy. Max is another classic Disney character from the Goofy saga.
- Merlin which means "sea fortress" is the wizard from "The Sword and the Stone."
- Michael Darling is the youngest Darling child from "Peter Pan."
- Mickey Who could make a list of Disney inspired baby names and not include the mouse himself?!
- Milo is a linguist and cartographer from "Atlantis: The Lost Empire." This name means "merciful."
- Nathaniel is a character from "Enchanted." This name means "gift of God."
- Oaken is a minor character from "Frozen," but this would be a lovely and unique baby boy name.
- Oliver from the movie "Oliver and Company" means "one who plants olive trees."
- Oswald the Rabbit is a character created by Walt himself in 1927.
- Otto is the elderly dog in "Robinhood." This is another beautiful, but unique name.
- Peter from "Peter Pan" is a timeless name for any Disney loving family.
- Rafael from Rio is a romantic, fun loving toucan.
- Randall Boggs is technically an Antagonist ("Monsters Inc."), but this name would go with many last names.
- Remi the mouse and little chef is featured in "Ratatouille."
- Reuben is a character form the Lilo and Stitch franchise whose name means "behold, a son."
- Roger Radcliffe is a side character from "101 Dalmatians."
- Rufus is a Latin name which means "red haired." Rufus is an elderly cat from "The Rescuers."
- Russell is the good natured Boy Scout from Disney/Pixar's 2009 hit "Up."
- Sebastian means "venerable" or "revered." Any Disney name list would be incomplete without including this name.
- Sven is the reindeer from Frozen. This Danish/Norwegian name means "young warrior."
- Terrence is a character from the Tinker Bell universe.
- Thomas is a traditional name which is consistently popular in the U.S. Thomas is a supporting character from "Pocahontas."
- Timothy is another traditional name which means "to honor God." In the Disney universe, Timothy is a sweet little mouse from "Dumbo."
- Toby is a popular name and also the name of the basset hound from "The Great Mouse Detective."
- Victor is another one of the gargoyles from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."
- Wesley is an antagonist from "Home on the Range," but this would be a lovely name for any little boy.
- Willie Steamboat Willie is one of the original incarnations of Mickey Mouse.
- Wilbur is one of the main characters from "Meet the Robinsons."
- Winston is a minor character from the movie "Oliver and Company." This is a very intelligent sounding name.