Sam has taught first and second graders and enjoys educational games and trivia.
The Bible is a popular source to consult for baby names, and it's not just religious Christian parents who are looking for biblical names. Nowadays non-religious people are also looking to the bible to find either traditional names or, in most cases, to find really unique-sounding names.
With names like Philemon, Naphtali, and Kenan, the Bible has proven to be a treasure trove of unique names that can't be found elsewhere. The best thing is that these names also have important meanings behind them.
Enjoy this comprehensive list of bible name ideas for your baby boy!
Popular Biblical Boy Names
- Aaron: Teacher. He was Moses's brother and a prophet and high priest. (Exodus. 4:14)
- Asher: Happiness. He was one of Jacob's sons, born to Zilpah, Leah's handmaid. (Genesis 30:13)
- Darius: Richly or kingly. Darius the Mede was the king of Babylon between Belshazzar and Cyrus the Great. (Daniel 5)
- Elon: Oak tree. He was a judge in Israel for 10 years and was a Zebulunite. (Judges 12:11)
- John: God has shown favor. The name of both John the Baptist and Jesus' disciple who wrote the Book of John.
- Jonah: A dove. Jonah was a prophet who was told to preach to the people of Nineveh. He refused and tried to run away on a ship, so God punished him by sending a storm to capsize the boat. Because God was merciful, he had a big fish swallow Jonah to save him from drowning. (Jonah 1:1)
- Levi: Joined or attached. Third son of Jacob and Leah and founder of the tribe of the Levites. (Genesis 29:34)
- Luke: Light given. Luke was one of Jesus's disciples and author of the Acts of the Apostles and one of the gospels. He is the patron saint of doctors.
- Noah: Rest or repose. He was the one who built the ark to save his family and all the species of the earth from the Great Flood. (Genesis 5:29)
- Simon: One who obeys. He was a leper whom Jesus visited in an attempt to cure him. At Simon's house, Jesus was anointed by a woman. (Matthew 4:18)
- Titus: Pleasing. An early Christian leader and apostle of Paul. (2 Corinthians 2:13)
Modern Biblical Names for Boys
Traditional Christian Boy Names
Read More From Wehavekids
Unique Boy Names From the Bible
sundar on May 06, 2020:
great ,thank u