45 Cute and Creative Daycare Names
Opening a Daycare
If taking care of children is your calling, then you may be considering opening your own daycare. But before you dive right into the business, you need to think about daycare names.
Like any business, a name is very important: It is a part of the face of the business, something customers will see on the front line.
If a family isn't sure which daycare to choose, the daycare's name might become a deciding factor. Read on for ideas and inspiration!
Tips for Naming Your Daycare Business
Daycare Name Ideas
The Gingerbread House
Pitter Patter Playhouse
Teddy Bear Daycare
The Learning Tree
Kiddie City Daycare
Babes n' Tots
Snails and Puppydog Tails Childcare
Under the Son Christian Daycare
Happy Kidz Daycare
Happy Trails Daycare
Under the Sun Daycare
Bright Eyes Childcare
Little Ducklings Daycare
We Care Childcare
Itty Bitties Daycare
Play Safe Playhouse
Story Time Daycare
Over the Rainbow
The Children's Cloud
The Color Wheel Daycare
Laugh n' Learn Academy
Stop n' Play
Building Blocks Preschool
Learn n' Play
The Stepping Stone Preschool
Mother Goose's Playschool
Stepping Stones Academy
Crayon Prix Daycare
Miles of Smiles Childcare
Brainstorming Daycare Name Ideas
When thinking of daycare names, ponder the following:
- Consider the audience. Of course you should gear the name toward the kids who will be attending, but don't forget it is the parents who will ultimately decide if their child will attend.
- Refer to toys. So we've determined your clientele is young, so why not include something they can relate to in your daycare's name, i.e., "Teddy Bear Daycare"?
- Choose a name that makes it clear what you do. Who goes to daycares? Kids, children, toddlers, babies, and infants. There are many different variations of these words that can easily be used in the name. Add adjectives that describe them such as tiny, smart, little, and happy to help boost the appeal of the name, when possible.
- Incorporate your philosophy. Whether you are opening a religious daycare or a regular preschool-type of daycare, use related words in the name to give parents an idea of what you are all about. This can also help to draw in parents with common interests, saving you future headache.
- Use rhymes. Rhymes are very catchy and easy to remember! Don’t be shy, give it a try!
- Convey a mood. What words come to mind when you think “daycare”? Ideally, you might think of words such as safe, secure, play, learn, fun, and happy. Your daycare name should denote a place where anyone should feel comfortable leaving their child. Parents want to know that their child will have fun, learn a lot, and be safe; a daycare name should convey this.
- Use common sense. Common sense goes a long way. If it seems like every daycare in town uses the word “play” in their names, then you definitely shouldn't use it; that is, if you want to stand out.
Deciding on a Daycare Name
As you can see, the possibilities for daycare names are limitless, and it is really not that difficult to come up with good ones. If you find yourself stuck between a few names, try these ideas:
Take a poll. Create a short survey on a website or use social networking to poll friends, family, or the general public.
- Plan a get-together. The opinion of others really matters when deciding on a business name, so why not have a little party where you can discuss it and get ideas? Invite family, friends, and even the kids for that extra boost of inspiration!
Design a logo. Perhaps you’re more of a visual thinker and already have a logo in mind. If so, draw out the logo and see which names look best with it.
- Coin toss. Stuck between just two names? Flip a coin on it!
The best time to make big decisions, such as choosing a name for your daycare, is after you have had a good night of rest, after you eat, and when you have a clear mind. If you are running into mind blocks, try to relax and it will eventually just pop into your head!
What was your favorite childhood toy?
- 16% Teddy Bear
- 11% Play-Doh
- 0% Duncan Yo-yo
- 26% Barbie
- 1% G.I. Joe
- 1% Tonka Trucks
- 3% Hot Wheels
- 19% Baby Doll
- 9% LEGOs
- 13% Easy-Bake Oven