10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
Are you pregnant?
What are the signs or symptoms of pregnancy? And when do the symptoms of pregnancy start occurring after conception?
According to doctors, the symptoms of pregnancy can start showing in a female after the first weeks of conception. A woman conceives after an egg gets fertilized and attaches itself to her uterus or womb. When this happens, the woman will start experiencing certain changes within her that she normally does not experience. These changes are what are referred to as the early symptoms of pregnancy.
There are many signs or symptoms of pregnancy that a girl or woman will experience. In this article we are going to take a look at the most common of these symptoms. If you are a woman who is experiencing one or more of these symptoms, then there is a high likelihood that you are pregnant.
Early pregnancy symptoms
The following are some of the most common pregnancy symptoms that majority of women will experience when they are pregnant or at the initial stage of their pregnancy:
- Breasts get swollen and tender – one of the most common signs of pregnancy in a woman is a change in the breasts. Not long after a woman conceives, her breast might begin to feel sore and very sensitive. The breast might also become tender. According to doctors, the reason this normally happens to women who have become pregnant is because of hormonal changes that are occurring during pregnancy. Women also tend to experience soreness in the breasts and the breasts begin to feel fuller and change shape because they are getting themselves ready to start producing milk for the baby.
- Frequent urination – pregnant women tend to find themselves urinating more frequently than they did prior to getting pregnant. The reason why women tend to urinate more often during pregnancy is as a result of hormonal changes leading to an increased volume of blood in their system. This makes the kidneys to start working even harder and producing more urine.
- Nausea sets in – another very common early sign of pregnancy is the setting in of nausea or morning sickness. The nausea sometimes comes alone or accompanied with frequent vomiting. Not all women experience this, but majority of women do experience morning sickness during pregnancy. The morning sickness normally starts occurring between four and six weeks of being pregnant. The morning sickness makes pregnant women feel sick and nauseous. In some women, the nausea leads to frequent vomiting. Although it is called morning sickness, it should be known that morning sickness can strike a pregnant woman at any time – whether day or night. Presently doctors are not sure as to exactly what causes the nausea in pregnant women. But it is highly likely that hormonal changes in a woman during pregnancy might be partly or fully responsible for this.
- Frequent feeling of tiredness or fatigue – exhaustion is also another very common sign of pregnancy. Here, the pregnant woman might constantly be feeling tired even though she might have not engaged in a strenuous activity that warrants the fatigue. According to the Mayo Clinic, the fatigue that women feel during early stages of pregnancy is as a result of an increased level of the pregnancy hormone progesterone in the body which makes one to feel tired and sleepy. This is the reason why almost every woman that gets pregnant experiences fatigue.
- Cravings and aversions for certain foods – another typical sign of pregnancy is the sudden like and dislike of certain foods. When a woman is pregnant, she might suddenly find herself strongly disliking certain foods that she used to love very much. The woman might also find herself developing very strong cravings for certain foods. Doctors say that this sudden food aversions and cravings that majority of women experience during pregnancy can be linked to hormonal changes once again.
- Missing period – I guess this goes without saying that it is the most obvious sign that a woman is pregnant. The moment a woman gets pregnant she seizes having her periods. This is the reason why a missing period normally is one of the first things many women use to detect whether they are pregnant or not and go for a pregnancy test. A missing period is especially a sure sign that a woman is pregnant if she is one who experiences her period on a regular basis but just suddenly misses it. But it must be known that a missed period does not all the time mean that a woman is pregnant. There are other things besides pregnancy that can lead to a missed period such as stress or being on certain medications and diets.
- Mood swings – many pregnant women tend to experience mood swings very frequently. This minute they are happy and the next minute they are sad for no apparent reason. Doctors say that the mood swings in pregnant women come about as a result of the massive amounts of hormonal changes going on within them.
- Frequent feeling of dizziness – dizziness is another quite common thing that pregnant women experience from time to time. Doctors say that the dizziness women experience during pregnancy comes as a result of the fact that blood vessels in women increase when they are pregnant and that leads to the blood pressure dropping. The drop of the blood pressure causes a feeling of dizziness or lightheadedness in the pregnant woman.
- Implantation bleeding – this is also a very common sign of the early stage of pregnancy. The implantation bleeding is a slight bleeding that most pregnant women experience during the first weeks after conception. The implantation bleeding comes about as a result of the fertilized egg of the woman getting attached to the lining of her uterus or womb. The implantation bleeding normally occurs during the woman’s menstrual period and lasts for a very short time. Many women mistake this for their normal period.
- Constipation sets in – many women that get pregnant experience constipation. According to health experts, there could be a variety of reasons why pregnant women tend to suffer from constipation. One of the reasons this happens is because of the hormonal changes occurring. Doctors say the hormonal changes can affect the digestive system of the woman in a way that can cause it to slow down and lead to constipation. Health experts also say that the constipation that pregnant women suffer from can also come about as a result of too much pressure on the bladder caused by the uterus or womb pressing on it, which coupled with the hormonal changes, can cause constipation.
Folks, here we are with the top 10 signs or symptoms of pregnancy in a woman. If you experience any of the symptoms above and you are a woman who is very active – and by active I mean frequently engaging in intimate activities with the opposite sex, then there is a high likelihood that you might just be pregnant. In order to be sure, then my advice to you is that you quickly go in for a pregnancy test in order to be hundred percent sure whether you are actually pregnant or not.
You can either make an appointment with your doctor so he or she can examine you to find out whether you are pregnant or not. You can also have a pregnancy test at home to find out whether you are expecting or not. These days we have very good home pregnancy test kits that are capable of giving you very accurate results.
NOTE: You will experience some or all of the symptoms above if you are pregnant. But you should know that experiencing any of the symptoms above does not necessary mean that you are pregnant.
Signs of Pregnancy: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/top-10-signs-of-pregnancy
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2014 myvenn