VirginiaLynne is mom of 5 and an online writer with over 1250 published articles. She loves assisting others start an online writing career.
Motherhood Gives You Lots to Write About!
Started writing online? Hit a slump in ideas? In 2008, I started my online career by blogging as BlessedMomof5 on Wordpress. Sometimes, it is hard to think about what you are doing as a mom that could translate into something else to help others. Whether you like to give practical advice, offer humor to help others get through a tough day, or want to inspire, this list will give you some ideas to help you get going again.
|Sentence Starter||Topics (what)||People (who)|
Top 10 tips for
5 Easiest solutions to
What I didn't know
10 things not to say to
How to help
5 Ways to
arts and crafts
son or daughter
Why I really wish
- 5 kids music albums that won’t drive moms crazy.
- What my mother never told me (and I forgot to ask).
- The video game my life most resembles.
- Songs that have more meaning now that I’m a mom.
- I failed "Potty Training 101."
- What not to do when another child bites your daughter (or son).
- Why sugar is good for your child (and you!).
- Why I want to have a mom, not be one.
- How to make sure you spoil your child.
- Futile dreams of a mom's day off.
- 5 Things you should never say to another mom.
- "No" is not another word for "yes."
- Why moms should not shop at Forever 21.
- Why I sent myself to time out.
- Why I really don't care what your love language is.
- Why there is no underwear in your drawer.
- 10 ways to irritate your children.
- Why I am not really obsessive compulsive.
- 10 meals I'm never going to cook.
- 10 things my mother told me that are not true.
Mom Blogger Poll
- 5 tips for doing laundry faster and easier.
- Dinner ideas you can make in 20 minutes.
- 5 tips for moms about removing stains.
- How to make packing lunches a breeze.
- Tips for making the morning rush bearable.
- How to organize your kid’s bathroom.
- How to keep your bathroom clean in 10 minutes a day.
- Tips for taking a plane trip with a 2-year-old.
- Making a "Mom's Car Emergency Kit."
- What information to leave with a babysitter.
- Making a family emergency plan.
- Teaching your children to clean up their room.
- Teaching your child how to tie their shoes.
- How to set up a daily reading aloud time.
- How to survive a family car trip.
- How to prepare your kids for a family reunion.
- How to get your kids to respect their teachers.
- Teaching kids to do the laundry.
- Teaching kids to clean up after themselves.
- Making homework faster and easier.
- Ways to get your child to care about others who have less.
- How to develop your child’s talents.
- What moms need to pack for a beach trip.
- How to keep your child at home alone safe.
- Dealing with night terrors.
- Organizing your nursery.
- Breastfeeding basics.
- What you really need to get before you bring your baby home.
- Adoptive parents guide to the first weeks home.
- How to find a support group.
- How to choose a babysitter.
- Where to find a babysitter.
- Why cloth diapers really work.
- How to know if you have postpartum depression.
- How to trust your instincts.
- Creative birthday party idea for 1-year-old.
- Is organic food really better for your baby?
- Your first dentist visits with your child.
- Should you vaccinate your child?
- How to handle pressure from other moms.
- 5 tips for using reusable diapers.
- 3 best brands of _____.
- 3 most important books to read before your child turns one.
- Best websites for medical advice.
- How to connect with other moms.
- How to renew your sex life after having a baby.
- 5 things new moms never talk about.
- Staying in touch with friends who don't have kids.
- Going back to work while breastfeeding.
- Work vs. staying home with baby.
- How to exercise while taking care of your preschoolers.
- How to do water aerobics while at the pool with your kids.
- 5 tips for losing weight after baby.
- 10 quick and easy exercises that make a difference.
- Skating is good exercise.
- 5 ways to fit exercise into your day with kids.
- 3 best competitive sports for kids under 10.
- 3 best non-competitive sports for kids under 10.
- How to help your child succeed at ____ (pick a sport).
- How to be a good dance mom (substitute any sport).
- When should kids learn to swim?
- Is swimming a good sport for kids?
- Competitive vs. non-competitive sports programs for young kids
- Is your child ready to move up to the next level in a sports competition?
- Should you push your kids to play sports?
- How young should you start your child in competitive sports?
- When should parents worry about an abusive coach?
- How to handle other sports parents.
- Ways to coach a kid's team and keep your sanity.
- How to help the non-athletic child enjoy sports.
- Sports for smaller kids.
- Great sports movies for the whole family.
- Benefits of children playing competitive sports.
- How to decide what sport is best for your child.
- How to coach a _____ team effectively (add your sport!)
- Benefits of family reading time.
- Is it important that a family eats together?
- 5 movies for families to buy.
- How to help a neighbor child.
- Ways to get your child to care about others who have less.
- How to celebrate 4th of July with Kids.
- Easy cookies to make with kids.
- 5 recipes kids can make themselves.
- How to encourage kids to get outside and play.
- 5 games to play with kids in the park.
- Ideas for a nature hike with kids.
- 5 ways to help siblings to get along in the summertime.
- Ideas for family exercising at the beach.
- How to get started bike riding as a family.
- Ideas for water games in the yard.
Read More From Wehavekids
- How moms can find “me” time.
- Reasons a mom needs some “me” time.
- 5 creative date night ideas.
- 5 inexpensive date nights for parents.
- How to liven up the romance with your husband.
- What a mom wishes other people understood.
- How becoming a mom of preschoolers changed my life.
- What I miss about being single.
- How moms can support each other.
- How to join or start a playgroup.
- Starting a babysitting co-op.
- Dealing with problems in your playgroup.
- 5 tips for going back to work.
- 5 great part-time jobs for moms.
- When is your child ready to be left alone?
- What to do when another mom thinks you are her babysitter.
- What not to say to a friend trying to get pregnant.
- How to handle criticism of your child from other moms.
- Is my child a bully?
- Does time out work?
- Should I let my pre-teen shop with friends at the mall?
- Fashion trends to avoid for preteens.
- Handling your daughter’s first boyfriend.
- When should kids get their first phone?
- What if your child gets in trouble at school?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 24, 2020:
Good luck Smiles! Have fun blogging and remember that part of what you are doing is to record your own journey for yourself and your family!
Smiles on June 23, 2020:
Absolutely useful topics. Thank you for this. It will really be helpful for me as a beginner
Ceazerlyn on April 16, 2020:
Just what I needed thank you so much .
Genesis on February 12, 2020:
These are all GREAT! Just what I needed !! Thank you for sharing!!
Christal on August 31, 2018:
These are good topics. I definitely want to start blogging but didn't know where to turn. I can even tweak these topics to my taste. Thank you!
Mama of the Drama on July 21, 2018:
I am going to write a couple of posts with your titles. It will be attributed to you!
Tayler on June 26, 2018:
Really great tips! Thanks! :) I’ll have to implement a few of these on my blog!
Karen Hellier from Georgia on June 26, 2018:
These are wonderful ideas for blog posts topics, Virginia. And I love how you have added in pictures of your own family. Thanks for the ideas and sharing pieces of your life with the photos!
Supriya on May 26, 2018:
Great and practical ideas. They are really helpful.
Kristina Hearn from Iowa on January 20, 2018:
These are awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Nkiru on June 07, 2017:
I must say these suggested topics are really nice and would be helpful to me.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on May 17, 2017:
I'm glad Alexandria! That is actually a take-off on a famous article "Why I want a Wife."
Alexandria Salazar on May 16, 2017:
Why I want to have a mom, not be one
I am using this for my post! Thank you!
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 05, 2014:
Hi Joel! Congratulations on having raised so many children. I always enjoy knowing that something I've said encourages others. We parents (and grandparents) need to keep helping one another!
Joel Diffendarfer from Jonesville on December 05, 2014:
Love your articles. Having raised nine children, and now enjoying an ever increasing number of grand kids, I find your insight extrememly valuable and your approach encouraging. Thanks for sharing more than just good ideas and advice. Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us all. Great work!
MSI Sakib from Dhaka on July 12, 2014:
Hey you mentioned nice great tips. Very creative ......................
Rose Clearfield from Milwaukee, Wisconsin on July 06, 2014:
Thanks for putting together this great resource!
ExpectGreatThings from Illinois on July 02, 2014:
You are amazingly creative! I would read articles on most of these if you wrote them :) - Ginger
Eric Dierker from Spring Valley, CA. U.S.A. on July 02, 2014:
As a stay at home, home schooling dad I am beginning to see how gender bias must feel like ;-) Great tips and great topics.
Trisha Roberts from Rensselaer, New York on July 01, 2014:
loved this hub. so many wonderful ideas for a variety of moms. loved the video by the way, thanks for sharing =)