Before you make a purchase decision on the Besrey Airplane Stroller, do note that this foldable stroller is intended for an infant of at least 6 months of age.
My first impressions before conducting a review of the Besrey Airplane Stroller are quite good and stellar. It is really small when folded, and it does not require any further assembly after unboxing. You will just need to remove the box and plastic sheets, and you are done. I wish all baby strollers comes fully assembled without lots of loose parts. This saves lots of time and energy for any busy parent. My baby stroller came with a travel bag (backpack look-alike) and a plastic rain cover for additional weather protection. The salesperson also repeatedly warned me that the maximum weight that this small stroller is 33 pounds or 15 kilograms (metric conversion). This is expected due to its smaller size compared to other strollers.
The stroller folds down to 22’’ x 12’’ x 11’’ and a weight of 10.8 lbs. In metric terms it would be 56 cm x 30 cm x 28 cm with a weight of 4.9 kg. By comparison, this is only the weight of a cat or galleon of paint, which is rather light indeed! On my flight to Thailand, I was able to move it down the narrow aisle of a small Airbus A320 and fit into the overhead cabin without any issues. In fact, one of the air stewardesses was appalled when I folded it up for storage. I would still recommend it folding it down before entering the plane as it is really manageable with one hand.
Read More From Wehavekids
- The Bersrey Airplane Stroller comes with a 5 point harness system. Some strollers, especially smaller ones, comes with a 3 point harness system instead. A 5 point harness secures your baby's hips as well.
- Foldable in two steps with a single button. This means it can be easily handled with one hand without exerting too much force and energy. I am super light and handling this stroller is no issue at all.
- It travels on rough surfaces and pavements as well as my full sized Graco Aire3 baby stroller. I would say it even excels in some situations as it is compact and traverses narrow places extremely well.
- As a travel stroller, it is not just suitable for airplane travel but fits in your car boot, in crowded areas and just about any places with space constraint. I love the fact it does not take up a huge spot when I am having dinner at a restaurant, irritating other diners.
- The small basket or bassinet at the bottom of the stroller can fit more stuff then I originally thought it would (not). As the stroller is too lightweight, I was afraid of hanging my baby's diaper bag on the stroller. However, the basket works just as well, if not better.
- Although it comes with a travel bag that looks like a backpack, it cannot be carried like one. The travel bag should come with attached straps to be carried as it is not heavy. This is my greatest qualm about this portable baby stroller.
- Many parents like to hang stuff such as shopping bags on their strollers. I would not recommend doing this as it may topple the lightweight stroller. Afterall, the stroller is only about 10 pounds (5 kilograms). Your shopping or grocery bags might even be heavier!
- Seat of the stroller cannot be reclined - this is not an oversight but Besrey has indicated this is an intended design for safety.
In conclusion, I find the Besrey Airplane Stroller to be one of my worthwhile purchases for my baby in 2019. The foldable stroller has survived a total of 3 overseas trips (one long haul) as of the time of writing this article. Despite a few minor quirks, if you are looking for a lightweight, compact and foldable stroller, the Besrey Airplane Stroller would definitely not disappoint you.
© 2019 Geronimo Colt