120+ Conversation Starters for Teens
Whether you’re someone who’s trying to strike a conversation with a teenager, or you're a teenager who’s trying to talk with another teenager, this list of conversation starters will suit you well!
People always have a lot of interesting things to talk about. After all, humans possess a vast sea of insights and ideas in their brains. Whether it’s a child, a teenager, a grown-up, or an elder, everyone has something in their mind to verbalize. Nevertheless, this list is dedicated to showcasing an impressive collection of conversation starters for teens.
With this list in your arsenal of knowledge, striking a conversation with a teenager is as easy as pie. These conversation starters are meant to lead to even more meaningful conversations. Now, you’ll be able to walk the talk whenever you find yourself conversing with teenagers.
Would you consider yourself more of a shy person or an outgoing person?
What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
What do you think is the meaning of life?
What is your favorite class in school?
What is your least favorite class in school?
How would describe a perfect day in your mundane life?
What are three things that you are grateful for today?
Do you like going to school?
What is your ultimate goal in life?
What do you usually eat for lunch at school?
Would you rather be 5 years younger or 5 years older?
Have you ever wanted to be popular?
If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
Do you live by any life motto?
What scares you the most about the future?
What was the last thing that you bought with your money?
What do you usually do after school?
What is the one thing that you feel most passionately about in life?
What do you think happens after death?
What makes you thrilled and excited?
Is there anyone at school that you would like to get to know better? Who is it?
Is there anyone you have a crush on right now?
What makes someone a good friend?
What makes someone a bad friend?
If it were up to you, how would you change the world?
Is it ever okay to lie?
Who are your heroes and what qualities make them your choice?
If you could marry any celebrity, who would it be?
Are you a part of any club at school? Which club?
Who do you think looks up to you?
What’s your greatest achievement so far?
If for some reason you won the lottery, what would you do with your winnings?
What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?
What are your plans for the future?
What do you usually buy with your allowance money?
What are the qualities you try to look for in someone you want to date?
What would your weapon of choice be in a zombie apocalypse scenario?
If you could have an unlimited supply of any food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Would you rather live on the beach or in the mountains?
If you were to watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Do you ever feel lonely or left out?
- Do you play any video games?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done in your life?
- What scares you the most?
- What is one of your earliest memories?
- Do you have any role model?
- What is your favorite item of clothing? Why is it your favorite?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Would you rather have no hearing or sight?
- What is something that you really like about yourself?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- What is the most difficult thing in your life right now?
- What do you like to do most during the weekends?
- What is your biggest worry in life?
- Are you willing to die for your best friend?
- Are you more of an indoor person or an outdoor person?
- Do you collect anything? What is it?
- Are you dating someone right now?
- What talents and skills do you have?
- If you died right now, is there something that you would definitely regret not saying or doing?
- How many friends do you have?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is the most embarrassing incident that ever happened in your life?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how strict are your parents?
- What type of music do you listen to?
- If you only had one month to live, how would you spend your time? With whom?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Do you play any sports? Which sports?
- How many languages do you speak?
- At what age would you like to live on your own?
- What helps you feel better when you’re upset or stressed out?
- Do you play any musical instruments? What instrument?
- Do you have any friend that you’re worried about right now?
- How often do you feel sad?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
- Would you rather have no arms or legs?
- What do you do when you're bored?
- What hurts your feelings?
- What one possession do you cherish the most? Why?
- If you were made a teacher for a day, what would you teach to your class?
- If you could have any super powers, which one would you choose and why?
- What is your dream job?
- How many second graders do you think you can handle in a fight before you’re overwhelmed by them?
- What would you want to be famous for?
- What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- What is the weirdest and craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- Do you like reading books?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is the best part of your day?
- What’s the first thing that made you laugh today?
- Do you have any dark secrets?
- What traits do you look for when you’re trying to make a new friend?
- What’s your biggest regret in life so far?
- Would you rather date someone older or younger than you?
- Where did you go on your most recent vacation?
- Do you care about what other people think about you?
- What do you plan on doing after you graduate from school?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What joke never fails to make you laugh?
- Are there any bullies in your school? If yes, how do you deal with them?
- If you could travel freely anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you were given the chance to become immortal, would you take it? Why or why not?
- Where do you get your clothes from?
- Which class are you learning the most in?
- Which class are you learning the least in?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What do you think your life would look like 10 years from now?
- What's the best thing about being a teenager?
- What's the worst thing about being a teenager?
- What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
- Where is your favorite hangout place?
- Are you closer to your mom or dad?
- If you could live in any movie, what would it be?
- If your life had a theme song, what would it be and why?
- What would you like people to say about you after you die?
- Do you want to return to being a small child?
- Would you rather burn to death or freeze to death?
- What is the first thing on your bucket list?
- What do you think the world will be like twenty-five years from now?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? Where and when did you eat it?
Do you find it easy to start a conversation with a teenager?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.