Product Review: Puffworks Baby Organic Peanut Butter Puffs
Puffworks Baby Organic Peanut Butter Puffs are baby snacks that help to introduce your baby to peanuts at an early age. They are made to fit into a baby's hand and dissolve in the mouth without fear of choking.
These peanut butter puffs are USDA-certified organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free. They contain the following ingredients:
- Organic peanut butter
- Organic whole grain corn meal
- Organic degermed corn meal
- Sea salt
Each bag contains about 2 grams of peanut protein, which means the snack is more than 50% peanuts.
How Were These Puffs Designed to Accommodate to Babies?
According to the manufacturer, they are less dense and crunchy than other puffs so that they dissolve easier in babies' mouths. They also contain less salt because it is not recommended to give babies too much sodium.
What Do Babies Think of Puffworks Baby Organic Peanut Butter Puffs?
They love them! I have a 1-year-old son, and he's been eating them for the past 4 months. We first introduced them to him when we were trying out different finger foods and were struggling to find ones that he liked. We initially tried yogurt flavored puffs, but he refused to eat them. We were pleasantly surprised when he scarfed down the peanut butter puffs without hesitation. The puffs fit easily into his little hand and dissolved in his mouth, so he has never choked on them. He used to just eat a couple at a time, but now he can eat a dozen in one sitting. Even now that he is eating regular table food, he still enjoys snacking on the peanut butter puffs.
Benefits of Introducing Peanut Butter at a Young Age
The product details page states that early introduction to peanuts may reduce a child's allergy risk by 86% according to the LEAP study. This is referring to the Learning Early about Peanut Allergy study, which was a randomized, open-label, controlled trial conducted in the United Kingdom and published in The New England Journal of Medicine. 640 infants at high risk for developing a peanut allergy (having severe eczema, egg allergy, or both) were assigned to consume or avoid peanuts until they were 5 years old. Among the children who did not initially have a peanut allergy, 14% in the avoidance group developed a peanut allergy while only 2% of those who regularly consumed peanuts developed a peanut allergy. This is an 86% reduction in developing a peanut allergy, as stated on the peanut butter puff product details page. The researchers also found that children who initially had a peanut allergy were less likely to still have a peanut allergy by age 5 if they regularly consumed small amounts of peanuts.
What does this mean?
The study results show that if children eat peanuts regularly from an early age, they may be less likely to develop a peanut allergy, and it is even possible for children initially allergic to peanuts to slowly overcome the allergy by eating small amounts of peanuts over time.
- The puffs are easy for a baby to hold and can help improve their fine motor skills.
- The puffs are designed for babies, so they can be eaten even by babies without teeth. They can be easily gummed and dissolve in the mouth.
- My baby loves them, and I have also caught my wife snacking on them, so they must taste pretty good.
- The puffs are convenient to snack on. It's much easier to take puffs with you on the go than pureed baby food.
- The puffs provide your baby with peanut protein, which can help them to avoid developing a peanut allergy. In the study described above, the children were fed 6 grams of peanut protein per week, which is about the amount in 3 bags of peanut butter puffs.
- The peanut butter puffs do not dissolve quite as well as advertised. They do dissolve, but it can take a while and require a lot of moisture. My child has not experienced a problem with choking on them though.
- If the bag is left open, the puffs can become soggy.
I would definitely recommend . My baby loves them and prefers them over other finger food options. They are convenient and easy for your child to eat, and even older kids can snack on them. They also provide early exposure to peanut protein, which can help your child avoid developing a peanut allergy. Overall, peanut butter puffs are a tasty treat that your kids will love as they learn how to feed themselves. Puffworks Baby Organic Peanut Butter Puffs
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.