My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I like writing articles that help bring people closer together.
Try Some Kid-Friendly Dares (and Truths) at Home!
Truth or dare? That is the question! If you're looking to put a fun and unusual spin on family game night, Truth or Dare is a funny game to play with both kids and adults. It will bring your family many, many hours of laughter and enjoyment—way more than a single board game session would! With a nearly unlimited number of questions to ask and dares to do, no game will ever be like another!
How to Play Truth or Dare With Your Family
Most of us have played this game before, but for those of you who haven't, here are some simple instructions for a family-style game!
- The youngest player starts off first by choosing a player to ask, “Truth or dare?”
- If “truth” is chosen, the player comes up with a question that they want to ask the other player, and the other player must answer honestly.
- If “dare” is chosen, the player must dare the person to do something silly, hard, or just out of the ordinary.
- If the player chooses not to answer “truth” honestly, or if they refuse to do a dare, they must suffer a “consequence,” which can be an alternative action chosen at the beginning of the game. Examples include holding your breath for 20 seconds, standing on your head for 20 seconds, or eating a raw vegetable.
- Continue with the next player until everyone has had at least one turn. Obviously, the longer the game, the more fun you and your family will have!
You get the drift! It’s meant to be fun and light-hearted—a time to create happy memories and fill your evening with laughter.
Good Dares for Kids
Since this version of the game is meant to be played with family, you'll need to come up with a bunch of fun and funny dares that are appropriate for kids. This is best done ahead of time in order to get the most playtime out of your family game night!
Can’t think of enough? Don’t worry! Here’s a list of 100+ dares for kids of all ages, divided into these categories:
- Funny Dares
- Simple and Easy Dares
- Family Dares
- Fun, Messy Dares
- Hard Dares
Just try to complete these dares without giggling, snorting, or full-on cracking up. You'll get the whole family laughing until they cry!
- Do your best Buzz Lightyear impression.
- Do your best Mickey Mouse impression.
- Do your best lion roar.
- Do your best Batman impression.
- Do your best Disney princess impression.
- Prank call Grandma.
- Attempt to slip on a banana peel (or pretend to).
- Make a really silly face and take a selfie.
- Act like a cat.
- Act like a monkey.
- Sing the ABCs backward.
- Go ask the neighbor for a cup of sugar.
- Go outside and yell, "Happy New Year!"
- Do the chicken dance.
- Do the Macarena silently until it is your turn again.
- Do a disco dance.
- Use the driveway as a catwalk for five minutes, giving the model wave to any passing cars or people.
- Wear underwear on your head for the rest of the game.
More Funny Dares to Try
- Try to dress the family pet.
- Do the Hokey Pokey without singing it.
- Go outside and yell, “I pick my nose!” to the first person you see.
- Finish every sentence with the words “while I dance” or “with a cherry on top.” (Or whatever silly thing you can think of!)
- Start every sentence with "What is . . . " like you're on Jeopardy.
- Talk in the third person.
- Talk in a high-pitched voice.
- Be a commentator for the remainder of the game.
- Pretend to be a T-Rex.
- Talk and act like a robot.
- Snort excessively when laughing.
- Pretend to have chicken pox by sticking round labels all over yourself.
- Talk and act like a cowboy or cowgirl.
- Go outside and howl at the moon (if it’s dark outside).
- Do jumping jacks until your next turn.
- Do the cha-cha until your next turn.
- Hug your mailbox (or a tree or lawn ornament) for 20 seconds.
- Act like a chicken.
Simple and Easy Dares
Keep it simple! These dares don't require any special supplies or prep, and you can modify them to suit your family as needed.
- Attempt to do 10 pushups (or fewer for littler kids).
- Crabwalk across the room.
- Army crawl across the room.
- Attempt a cartwheel.
- Run around the outside of the house three times. (Change this as needed to fit your living space—run up and down the hall, around the room, to another room and back, etc.)
- Chug a cup of (water, milk, juice, etc.).
- Touch your nose with your tongue.
- Stick a spoon on your nose and keep it there as long a possible.
- Spin in circles for 10 seconds.
- Sniff (person of choice)’s shoe.
- Wear your shoes on your hands for the next five minutes.
- Belt out a song of your choice.
- Have a full conversation with a broom (or a chair or a wall—whatever's handy!).
- Use a hairbrush as a microphone (or a shoe or a spoon—again, whatever's handy!).
- Sing what you have to say instead of talking.
- Keep your finger on the tip of your nose as if it’s stuck there.
- Remove one sock and shoe so that one foot is bare for the rest of the game.
- Talk with your tongue sticking out.
These dares involve input from multiple players. They help keep everybody engaged for the whole game, and they're especially great for kids who get antsy waiting for their turn!
- Switch clothes with someone.
- Draw a picture of (something the group picks) while blindfolded.
- Let someone fix your hair the way they want and leave it that way.
- Try to catch three small pieces of food tossed by someone in your mouth (popcorn, grapes, etc.).
- Take a bite of a sandwich made by everyone that contains whatever they desire, and try to guess each ingredient on the sandwich.
- Let someone tickle you for 30 seconds.
- Get wrapped from head to toe in toilet paper.
- Smell everyone’s breath and guess what they ate last.
- Close your eyes and shake hands with all the other players. Guess whose handshake is whose.
- Make up nicknames for all the other players.
- Give one of the other players a high five every time someone says the word "dare" for the rest of the game.
- Introduce yourself to all the other players like you've never met them before.
- Pretend to win an award and give a speech thanking all of the other players for their help.
- Play pat-a-cake with two other players simultaneously.
Fun, Messy Dares
These dares might get a little messy. Plan ahead to protect the carpet and the furniture. A tablecloth and some towels can do wonders, or you may want to temporarily relocate outside for some of these!
- Crack an egg over your head.
- Eat a plate of (dinner, dessert, whatever) with no hands.
- Eat a spoonful of sugar.
- Eat a spoonful of hot sauce.
- Eat a hot pepper.
- Take a bite out of a stick of butter.
- Dump a cup of ice water over your head.
- Juggle eggs (outside).
- Hold an ice cube in your hand until it melts.
- Eat a clove or a spoonful of minced garlic.
- Stuff as many marshmallows (or grapes, donut holes, etc.) into your mouth as you can!
- Stack five cookies on your forehead. (Oreos work great!)
- Jump into the pool, submerge yourself in the bathtub, or run through the sprinkler fully clothed.
- Jump while holding a cup full of water above your head without spilling it.
- Bob for an apple. (A large mixing bowl full of water works well!)
- Make a face mask out of sliced cheese.
- Eat a huge spoonful of peanut butter and sing the ABCs. (Be careful of choking! Substitute another food for the peanut butter as needed.)
- Put ice cubes down your shirt—with your shirt tucked in.
Here are a bunch of extra hard dares, from physical challenges to silly tasks that require quick thinking!
- Stand on your hands.
- Fetch (item of choice in another room) with a blindfold on.
- Make up a poem aloud.
- Take off your socks with a pair of tongs.
- Text someone using only your nose.
- Pop a balloon without using your hands or your teeth.
- Suck an ice cube until it melts—no chewing allowed! (Or suck a couple of ice cubes at the same time, if they are small.)
- Sniff the pepper shaker.
- Do your makeup in 10 seconds (eye shadow, blush, and lipstick).
- Spin 10 times and try to do one of the following: hopscotch, skip rope, jumping jacks, hula hoop, the Hokey Pokey, etc.
- Draw a mustache on yourself without a mirror.
- Stop blinking for 30 seconds.
- Talk without moving your lips.
- Skip everywhere you go instead of walking or running.
- Walk backwards wherever you go.
- Put all your clothes on inside out.
- Put all your clothes on backwards.
- Take your age, reverse the numbers, and act that age. (If player is only a single digit, just add a 0 to their age. Example: The player is 8, so they must act 80.)
- Talk while holding your tongue with your index finger and thumb.
- Put your leg behind your head.
- Draw a stickman on paper by holding the writing utensil in your mouth.
- Tie your shoes together and try not to forget!
- Take a wet willy.
- Play fetch like a dog, running on all fours and using only your mouth to fetch.
Need More Dare Ideas?
For even more ideas, check out 100+ Embarrassing Dares for Truth or Dare. Not all of these are kid-friendly, though, so be sure to pick and choose carefully for a family game!
Truth Questions for Kids and Parents
Sometimes people just need a break from all the silly and wacky dares thrown at them, and they opt for a truth question. Instead of trying to come up with one on the spot, be prepared with a list of questions and keep the game moving right along!
Here are 50 ideas for truth questions in the following categories:
- Good Truth Questions
- Embarrassing Truths for Kids
- Gross Truths
- Thoughtful Truth Questions
Good Truth Questions
Messy rooms, avoiding chores, and what the kids really think about their parents' cooking—these truth questions will reveal all!
- When was the last time you cleaned your room?
- Is there a mess under your bed?
- Is there a mess in your closet?
- Have you ever snuck a snack?
- Have you ever said you finished your dinner when you really didn’t?
- Have you ever cheated on a test?
- Have you ever faked a sickness to stay home from school?
- Have you ever used your lunch money for something other than lunch?
- Have you ever gotten a bad grade and hid it from me?
- Have you ever watched a movie or TV show that you know you’re not allowed to?
- Have you ever pretended to be asleep but actually stayed up way past your bedtime?
- What are some ways you cheat on chores?
- Have you ever skipped school?
- Have you ever lied about your age?
- Which would you rather have for dinner: fast food or your family's home cooking?
- Have you ever cried during a movie? If so, which one?
- Have you ever broken something and blamed someone else?
- What is your favorite meal your family makes?
- Have you ever peeked at your presents early?
- What was your favorite trip or vacation?
Embarrassing Truths for Kids
These questions might make you blush a bit.
- Have you had your first kiss?
- Do you have a crush on anyone?
- Who is your TV crush?
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- Do you still think there's a monster under your bed sometimes?
- Do you have any secrets?
- Do you keep a diary/journal?
- Do you still enjoy TV shows for little kids, like Blues Clues?
- Do you sleep with a blankie?
- What does your (mom/dad/sister/brother/etc.) do that embarrasses you?
And these questions might make you say, "Ewwww!"
- Do you bite your nails?
- Do you pick your nose?
- Have you ever peed in a pool?
- What is the grossest thing you've done today?
- When was the last time you flossed your teeth?
- Have you ever drooled in your sleep?
- Have you ever eaten a bug?
- Do you pick scabs?
- Have you ever passed gas loudly in class?
- Have you ever passed gas and blamed someone else?
Thoughtful Truth Questions
If you're more interested in bonding with your family and understanding each other better, try some of these questions to get everybody thinking.
- What would you do with $1,000?
- If you could be any celebrity, who would you be and why?
- Is there anything that you would change about yourself?
- Is there anything that you would change about your school?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your worst habit?
- What is the least favorite gift you’ve ever received?
- Have you ever lied to me?
- What is something you wish you were better at?
- When was the last time you did something nice for someone else?
And if you want even more questions to ask, check out 100+ Embarrassing Truth or Dare Questions to Ask Your Friends! (Again, these are not all kid-friendly, so choose carefully!)
Have a Blast at Your Next Family Game Night!
So there you have it: a full list of truth questions and fun dares for kids and parents alike! If you think you know your family well now, think again—and enjoy your family game night!
More Fun Question Games for Families
- 130+ Clean Never Have I Ever Questions for Kids
Why not make the conversation around the dinner table a little more animated by playing a clean game of family "Never Have I Ever"!
- Family Feud Questions for Kids
Here are six rounds of Family Feud questions for kids. It's a great game for encouraging kids to build reasoning and recollection skills, imagine how others think, and have fun with each other.
- 50 Would You Rather Questions for Kids
“Would You Rather” is a cute and funny game that can be played by kids as a way to get to know one another! Here are 50 "Would You Rather . . . " questions for kids!
Yea...I'm...cool on August 26, 2020:
Cool I love dares
Harleen on August 23, 2020:
These crazy Dares your given are so crazyyyy!!!!!!
My Patrick on August 21, 2020:
Am i up ur moms favorite twin
HEYY! on August 18, 2020:
OMG!! I think those were the best dares that I've ever read my whole entire life!!!!!
Lyra on July 17, 2020:
These qs are great for kids but if you are beyond 14 or something then it is kinda childish because when i was asking my friends the questions in it, they were like
hector on July 16, 2020:
Jana on July 13, 2020:
This was fun for me and my friend
Amora on July 13, 2020:
This was really fun for me and my best friend sleep over
PUPPIES on July 12, 2020:
These are really good truth or dares because they don't make people feel uncomfortable when they answer.
Wania on July 07, 2020:
Hi,,hello how to play this game?
Ayna_dbc on July 05, 2020:
I love this,it was so fun
leah on July 03, 2020:
omg so scrarry
Lily on July 01, 2020:
That the really fun.
Anonymous on June 30, 2020:
Kai on June 28, 2020:
Because if I do that will be too tooooo much!
Kai on June 28, 2020:
Jk! Totally not
Kai on June 28, 2020:
I am going to my friend’s house tomorrow and I am going to play T or D
There and 1 of the dares will be get completely naked (no shirt, no pants, no underwear) and yeah if they actually do it then I will go like this.
m on June 27, 2020:
my kids had medical issues thanks to this
Ego on June 24, 2020:
I love them..I dared my friends so hilarious
Yes sir on June 22, 2020:
It’s good there needs to be more and more hatd
Isabelle Rohr on June 20, 2020:
this was so fun me and my cousin did a lot off these and we had lots of fun!!!!! :)
Arliza on June 17, 2020:
I did a dare to my sister it was hilarious
Kishika mathur on June 16, 2020:
I have written these dares on my jenga/stack high its so funny
Zea on June 14, 2020:
Nice I love it ❤
livy on June 11, 2020:
I love this
Cookieball228 on June 07, 2020:
Ok so theses sound fun but sadly I can’t take eggs I wish I could tho
Banana on June 06, 2020:
I didn't try it but it sounds REALLY fun!
Mira on June 03, 2020:
I just used this website to play t or d with my friends and it was so fun!
Milly Rushton on May 29, 2020:
badatu on May 26, 2020:
l love is is so fun
Hg on May 26, 2020:
Kayleigh on May 20, 2020:
There needs to be more of these
lili on May 20, 2020:
I love this thing
Bridgette on May 19, 2020:
Hi I love your work:) ;)
Liv more some on May 18, 2020:
i dont know what this is bye
Taffy on May 16, 2020:
Omg, i love this truth or dares
Shaena on May 13, 2020:
I dare you to be mean
Avery on May 10, 2020:
I love this game
Dina Sour on May 08, 2020:
Luca on May 07, 2020:
Best questions ever thank you so much
zoe leaverne on May 04, 2020:
i dare you you to when your in the car yell out the windo shrim shrim shrimp
Ariana Grande on April 29, 2020:
I dare u to sing one of my songs
nina on April 26, 2020:
d: i dare u to go out side and sing the circle of life from the lion king
t: did u ever have a crush on a movie character or cebelerty? if yes who?
Diyara on April 20, 2020:
It was just rock we really enjoyed it very much
Gymgirl on April 14, 2020:
Me and my sister are loving this
Lileee on April 14, 2020:
I am loving it keep it up
Princesspower on April 14, 2020:
wow this game is amazing
~Lai Lai~ on April 11, 2020:
Love this website no cap it is awesome I used a lot of these on my friends and the pooped their pants no cap
Joshua on April 10, 2020:
Hunter on April 07, 2020:
Khloe on April 04, 2020:
Hi. Jak. Truth. .. Or. ..dare
Kendall on April 04, 2020:
My friends did these dares to me and it was horrible
Lilie on April 04, 2020:
I'm having a sleepover soon and these will work a charm
Kenzie on March 30, 2020:
I used all of theses dares on my friends and it was not fun Thank you so much
Ashweeeeee on March 25, 2020:
Sup peeps this website is
Louse on March 25, 2020:
do more all the time
Zahra on March 24, 2020:
I really liked thsi ty
Pandas on March 20, 2020:
Were is your truths?
Unkown... on March 18, 2020:
You should make a part 2!
Evan Hickman on March 17, 2020:
I wish they had the truths are dares next to each other.
Jake the snake on March 16, 2020:
This site is trash
caca on March 12, 2020:
I love this game
sarah big man on March 12, 2020:
this game is sooooooooo good
Jamario on March 11, 2020:
This was the best game ever
Random person on the internet(female,9years old) on March 05, 2020:
This website is better than any other ones!
Cece on February 18, 2020:
Krystal on February 17, 2020:
Thank you! I needed these for my soon to be 7 year old's sleepover! These are perfect. I didn't use all of them but I wrote them on popsicle sticks and had them draw them.
Cookie! on February 17, 2020:
These are cool but kinda dumb but still love them! ; )
jessica davis on February 15, 2020:
Jacelynn on February 15, 2020:
This are so funny but also dumb
Jewel on February 11, 2020:
This dares are super and fun
Mim on February 02, 2020:
brooke on January 26, 2020:
there are so fun
lol on January 26, 2020:
ty for these d and t's!
KATe on January 26, 2020:
I DARE YOU TOO GO KNOCK ON SOMEONE'S DOOR THAT YOU DON'T KNOW!
COOLY on January 19, 2020:
I LOVE IT !!! BEST DARES OF THE CENTURY !!!
Tyiesha on January 14, 2020:
So fun i did it on my sister so funny (dare)
Joe Momma on January 11, 2020:
miya on January 02, 2020:
britany on January 02, 2020:
this are really good but I need some to do in school
Evie on January 01, 2020:
It’s a great game to play, at my party we all played it and we were laughing with each other and we enjoyed it so much we did it again even though we knew what sort of things were on it
Michal bairu on December 31, 2019:
This was a fun game to play with my family im doing ro do this app everytime;)
Maddison on December 30, 2019:
Kiss a boy
Jay on December 29, 2019:
This game is sick
The first thing that comes to mind is the best way to get a chance of meatballs on December 29, 2019:
why didn't you post my coment. (MEANIE)
Hollie. (Female). Age7 on December 29, 2019:
I played this with my friend marshal he was my best friend
Jay (female) on December 28, 2019:
Me and my friends did this and it was awesome
La'Shia crews on December 23, 2019:
Yoo people are some crazy people
princess alicia on December 18, 2019:
hi i like to play truth and dare with my friends
Danielle on December 15, 2019:
My brother is so funny when it comes to truth or dare i love this game
tahlia on December 14, 2019:
cool games me and my twin sister loves your truth or dares and i love them to
Jack on December 12, 2019:
My Friend and I are making a Board Game so we are coping the DARES
Ava on December 10, 2019:
Babygirl on December 10, 2019:
These r childish....I do t like these truth or dares but I love the game
kayla on November 26, 2019:
i dont like these tbh but love da game
ALISHBA on November 24, 2019:
? on November 20, 2019:
Zara on November 19, 2019:
I loved it and it was awesome
Bich on November 15, 2019:
jello on November 13, 2019:
i dont lik this but its cool