101 Fun Hobbies for Teenage Girls
Boys typically easily entertain themselves with their naturally rough and tumble personalities. They can go out and get their hands dirty and come back with a smile that screams how productive they have just been. Us girls, on the other hand, don't exactly feel like spending our day playing sports, or whatever it is they were doing out there!
But just because we don't feel like playing basketball or learning how to play golf, doesn't mean we want to do nothing! Here’s a whole list involving everything from technology, to nature, to art! (Some of it can even earn you a few bucks with some clever marketing!)
You never go anywhere without it anyway, so why not have a hobby you can literally take with you anywhere you go?
- Start a blog.
- Start a vlog (video blog)!
- Learn about coding. (We need more girl coders!)
- Get into app development.
- Create a Pinterest board.
- Get on Instagram.
- Check out Snapchat.
- Play Candy Crush.
- Make funny memes.
- Shop your favorite stores! (That totally counts as a hobby!)
- Learn how to take awesome pictures.
- Play Farm Heroes. (So addicting!)
- Read an ebook.
- Stream a new tv show.
- Dabble in graphic design. (A great skill to add to a resume!)
- Learn something new by watching Youtube tutorials.
- Join a forum for something you're passionate about.
- Make a digital scrapbook.
Arts & Crafts Hobbies
Let the creativity flow with a hobby that'll give the right side of your brain a workout! Arts and crafts are not only a great outlet for your creative side, but finished crafts can be turned into gifts or even be sold on Etsy for a little extra shopping money! Plus, you'll always know what you want for Christmas: More supplies!
- Learn how to draw caricatures. (Would be a great party trick!)
- Learn how to crochet. (Perfect hobby to do while binge-watching your favorite Netflix show!)
- Learn how to knit.
- Make your own clothing line.
- Paint with watercolors.
- Make handmade cards to give to friends or family.
- Make your own jewelry.
- Sculpt adorable mini food out of polymer clay. (Awesome for jewelry making!)
- Sew a quilt.
- Get a needle felting kit.
- Make really cool sand art. (But with less saxophone!)
- Try to draw something in 3D!
- Make a fleece tie blanket.
- Tie-dye anything! (Keep the 60's alive!)
- Make scented candles or wax melts. (Mixing scents to make your own unique fragrance is super fun!)
- Mix your own perfume scent.
- Try origami.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Paint pottery.
- Decorate phone cases.
- Make Pinterest DIY projects for your room.
I'm not suggesting you devote hours and hours to making yourself more beautiful than you already are, because you don't need to, but it could be fun learning a new skill that you can teach your friends!
- Learn how to apply acrylic nails.
- Learn how to put it hair curlers. (Doing your hair for school will be so much faster!)
- Learn how to French braid.
- Make your own makeup.
- Sunbathe at the beach.
- Perfect the smokey eye.
- Watch makeup tutorials. (This is amazing!)
- Paint nail art.
- Learn how to do movie makeup.
- Get crazy trying new hairstyles.
- Learn how to contour.
- Learn how to thread eyebrows.
Working out can not only make you look better, but it can make you feel better! And eventually, you might even really enjoy it!
- Get into yoga.
- Join a Zumba class.
- Join a Krav Maga class. (You'll be a total badass!)
- Get into running. (You'll either love it or hate it!)
- Learn to do your favorite style of dance.
- Tighten your core with Pilates.
- Get into gymnastics.
- Join a cheerleading squad.
- Try aerial silk dancing.
- Master baton twirling.
- Lift weights. (Remember, slower reps make longer, leaner looking muscles!)
- Play a sport.
- Go for a swim. (As long as the weather permits!)
- Learn how to ice skate.
- Learn how to skateboard.
- Go mountain biking or dirt biking. (Depending on your area's terrain!)
Food & Drink Hobbies
Because we already love eating food, why not love making it too! Get ready to show off those culinary skills with some tasty hobbies everyone will enjoy!
- Make cake pops.
- Bake gourmet cupcakes.
- Invent your own ice cream flavors.
- Learn how to made candy.
- Learn how to make pizza from scratch.
- Make homemade jams and jellies.
- Make BBQ and hot sauces.
- Decorate cookies and cakes like a pro.
- Invent your own smoothie recipes.
- Take a cooking class.
- Try new Interests recipes.
- Make your own popcorn seasonings.
- Fry homemade doughnuts. (Aaah, yes please!)
- Brew gourmet loose leaf tea.
- Write a cookbook.
- Start a food blog.
- Start a cooking show Youtube channel.
Hobbies to Do With Friends
Starting a new hobby can be exciting, but how much more fun will it be when you bring your friends along for the ride! So grab your girls and figure out which hobby everyone's the most interested in trying!
- Play laser tag. (Who said boys get to have all the fun?)
- Start a band.
- Join a softball league.
- Play extreme frisbee or KanJam.
- Go salsa dancing.
- Play Call of Duty. (Kick some boy butt!)
- Play fantasy sports.
- Host a painting party.
- Start a baby sitting business.
- Join a club at school.
- Start a funny Youtube channel with your friends.
- Start a dance group.
- Learn how to play tennis.
- Learn how to play Texas Hold'em. (Everyone should know how to play poker!)
- Sing Karaoke. (A great way to get over that stage fight!)
- Play Magic the Gathering. (A fun way to geek out, and you'll be every nerd's dream come true!)
- Play Minecraft.
- Join a book club. (If you don't know of one, start one!)
What a list! Hopefully you took some notes for a teenage girl you know, or if you are the teenage girl, take some of these ideas and run with them. Exploring new hobbies is a healthy way to expand your interests and even meet new people within those interests.
Whether it’s a rainy day or a sick day, there are some hobbies on here for teenage girls that they will love. Some people actually make a hobby out of collecting hobbies! You can never have too many hobbies!