How do I find someone if I don't have the information needed to find military service records?


According to this website,, the best method to get the separation papers for your veteran is write to the NPRC or National Personnel Records Center and explain the circumstances of your request. The DD214 Separation Form will provide much of the info needed to file a Standard Form 180. The site also gives several options for obtaining this information including the use of paid researchers.

Updated on April 16, 2018

Original Article:

How to Find Military Service Records for Veterans
By Peg Cole